Tuesday, 22 April 2014

My friend's a hooker too!

I recieved a lovely gift in the post from my friend Pauline. We met on a facebook group called Make a House A Home where we soon discovered we had a common interest in crochet. Pauline has been crocheting for many years and I am just a novice in comparison.

Last week she made a beautiful mandala just for the hell of it....and posted it on The Creative Crochet Crew facebook page, saying she didn't want it and didn't know what to do with it.......so me being the cheeky chappie that I am asked her to send it to me.....and she did!

Much to my delight when I checked for post this morning there was a lovely little parcel waiting for me. Of course I opened it like a kid at christmas and inside I found my treasure.

I told Pauline last week that it would grace the walls of my home so I had to frame it straight away. I did lay it on the table first just to get a pic of it in use but that was not where it was destined for. I used the only spare frame I had and although it is not made to display anything like this I think it looks great. I have already seen the perfect frame in IKEA for it but I will have to wait until I'm in Dublin next......anyhow I'm smiling regardless, delighted with the original art on my wall.

Thank you Pauline. xxx


3 comments:

  1. Lucky you! What a wonderful gift. Will you post another picture when it's in the frame you get from Ikea?
    Just found your site today, will put it in my favorites.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will for sure Vickie, just don't quite know when I will get there...All I can say is wach this space and thanks for adding me to your favourites.

      Delete
  2. It looks stunning in this frame! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete