Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Ripple Ripple Ripple

This is my first ever ripple blanket which I started a few weeks ago but had to put on the back boiler as I had some other projects namely the Round Ripple Baby Afghan and my friends Wedding Afghan that I had to get finished by specific dates......now it's ME TIME. Here are a few pics of my progress so far.



The pattern I am using is The Neat Ripple from Attic24 which I have adapted to make a wider ripple. Where she has used 4 treble crochet (US) double crochet (UK), I have used 10 to create a wider spacing between the "mountains" and "valleys" on this blanket. Personally I think the smaller spacing would be ok on a smaller blanket but on the width I am working on I feel it would be far too busy for my liking. Hence the adjustment.

The yarns I am using are:
King Cole Pricewise DK No 272 Green
King Cole Pricewise DK No 309 Grey
King Cole Pricewise DK No 87   Tomato
King Cole Pricewise DK No 46   Cream
Stylecraft Special DK No 1062    Teal
Stylecraft Special DK No 1083    Pomegranate

Once again I have bought all my yarn from Kathleen at The Little Wool Shop.

To get the random striped effect I used the Stripe Maker program on the Biscuits and Jam Website. It is brilliant as it takes all the thinking out of the equation......handy for those who are borderline OCD like me and like neatness in everything. Sometimes it's good to throw caution to the wind and let the stripes of life be random.


1 comment:

  1. Loving the randomness of the stripe sequence <3

    ReplyDelete